Sunday, December 21, 2014

My Father's Birthday

Three more sleeps to go, 
Before we all even know, 
Balloons in the air we'll throw,
Celebrating what happened many moons ago. 

My grandmother became like Marry, 
Faith and love she'll always carry, 
Always brave when life is scary, 
Always firm when things vary. 

My mother was part of the new story, 
Married a man covered with glory,
Who didn't have much not even a lorry, 
Who didn't even own a double story. 

Trouble begins when people love you for material things, 
All you need is love that will give you springs, 
Make you fly away without wings, 
While you're worshiping the King of kings. 

My father will always be my hero, 
I miss him when my head's against the pillow,
He survived when the temperature was zero,
When vicissitudes of life came like billow. 

My Father's birthday brings so many memories, 
Filed in so many diverse documentaries,
He came to give us heavenly treasuries, 
A story that will be told for so many centuries. 

My Father's Birthday 

No comments:

Post a Comment