Monday, December 1, 2014

Lion in a Cage

The bars emulates the depth of my scars, 
Wildly growling while looking at the stars, 
Crawling in a cage with my sharp poised teeth, 
My sharp claws grabbing the cage underneath. 

Frantically pawing with a wild loudly roar, 
Angrily scratching my claws on the floor, 
There's no one to fight here all day, 
I'm just another lion on display.    

I'm the king of the jungle trapped in a cage, 
A king without a crown forced to take the centre stage, 
These people paid to see me without freedom, 
I've entered the world with no kingdom. 

They rejoice in my weakness as they distract their minds,  
Their troubles succumb to their pain and it surely blinds, 
They forgot to pray while I was looking for prey, 
Their cages are in their minds so they have nothing to say. 

They have never suffered enough like myself in the jungle, 
Bearing the rain, now locked in a cage that left me humble, 
The strength within me is above my pride, 
When I'm unleashed in this cage I'll take everyone for a ride. 

Lion in a Cage

No comments:

Post a Comment