Friday, September 19, 2014

These Poems

 
Like the tip of the fingers fast running the piano, 
I'll keep piercing my mind for the words to breathe. 
Like the skill of a surgeon bypassing the healthy tissue, 
I choose my words in immense consideration to address every issue. 

Seriously these poems approached me to write them,
Situations begged me to address them. 
They couldn't leave my mind, a mind stretched has more capacity to think. 
An eye widely opened has no capacity to blink, 
Let your undivided attention invite these poems in your mind to sink. 
 
I told a friend of mine to be hungry for wisdom, 
That way in our lifetime he'll witness freedom. 
"Don't think just drink", I said. 
"Don't hate congratulate", we said. 

We always believed in giving credit where it's due, 
Mind you there will always be someone who's better than you. 
There's nothing fruitful than spending time with a wise man,
Share something wise with your friends everyday and think of a wise thing to do if you can. 

Like a dancer moving her body in orchestrated symphony, 
I'll keep my pen floating through these pages in harmony. 
Like the larva cocooned to be a butterfly, 
These words will fly to your ears 'cause they are familiar with prestidigitation. 
These poems will rise to raise nations. 
Like a bee too busy collecting honey,  
These poems will shine this world and it will always be sunny. 

© Percy Shozi 


No comments:

Post a Comment