Monday, August 7, 2017

Wide Awake


It's 3 o'clock in the morning and I'm wide awake, 
I'm staying up all night for my children's sake, 
I have work this morning, that's right there is no break, 
I'm not complaining but I'm warning those who think life is just a piece of cake. 

Wide Awake 
I have a career and the kids and I'm still dreaming, 
Sometimes one kid will wake up and the other one starts screaming, 
This is not an every night mandate though, so you can keep believing, 
When you have a career and kids sometimes there will be no sleeping. 

Wide Awake 
The advantage out of this is that I get to cuddle my kids, 
Feel their heartbeats and their tummy under their ribs, 
Feel their warmth as my face feels the movement from their eyelids, 
Throwing their tiny arms around me, I can feel their chest moving in the absence of their bibs. 

Wide Awake 
I'm wide awake even when I try to close my eyes,  
I've realised that having kids has more rewards and meaningful price, 
Every right goes with a responsibility take my advise, 
I'm raising my kids out of love and not expecting their thank you when they are old and wise. 

Wide Awake 

No comments:

Post a Comment