Friday, August 4, 2017

It's My Birthday Today


Love is all I need today, 

I have lots of things to share but let me share about this special day, 

I was born around the times of the world's famous floods, 

Lots of life in motion in my family comes from different people's bloods. 


The things we like, the food we eat, the places we like to see, 

I used to finish my exams at Uni and sit on the peer just so that I can see the sea, 

Enjoying the train of my thoughts and the fluidity of mind, 

Delivering the world's most powerful speech with such eloquence and my better half by my side and our little fingers twined. 


Let me remind you that where you come from doesn't really matter, 

What matters is where you are going and those with discernment can already see where this poem is going if you don't you'll catch it later, 

I no longer write poems, I diagnose your pain while holding the needle with your cure, 

I like to walk with people and share wisdom while taking a tour. 


I'm from the dust of Durban and now living in the most liveable city in the world, 

I love people and writing is part of my being take my word, 

They say it's better to have it and don't need it than to need it and don't have it, 

I say, look at your life feel your breath touch the earth and know your worth and enjoy life bit by bit. 


It's My Birthday Today






No comments:

Post a Comment