Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Thousand Words


They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, 

Then I shall be silent and let these moments speak in my world, 

Like my two gorgeous girls, I'll let them speak on my behalf, 

And let this funny thing called life makes me laugh.  


Yes I said funny thing, because life is what you make it, 

You can still laugh at your own challenges while others quit, 

Laughing no matter how you feel is much better according to me, 

This will automatically change the atmosphere and the way you see. 


You see, the more we spend time with those we love the better, 

Playing, singing, dancing or reciting poetry it doesn't really matter, 

Lying down under the shade on a hot day, 

Snuggling under the blanket on a cold winter brings that closeness I'd say. 


Pause, take a picture, those moments frozen in time, 

Every time I spoke my heart I started to rhyme, 

That's when I realised that my subconscious mind breathes poetry,  

So seat back, relax and enjoy, I hope no one is in a hurry. 


Let my poetry speak to you in a thousand ways, 

Let my humour, my art and life bring you better days,

Let my silent moments and pauses be like gentle breeze,  

I'm on my knees, please let these moments seize you with ease. 


Thousand Words 


No comments:

Post a Comment