Saturday, July 15, 2017

Fatherhood


When these strong hands are holding my tiny daughter, 
We tell each other how much we love each other, 
This love is like love from my Heavenly Father, 
It is strong, it is pure it is deep like water. 

What a privilege, what an honour to have her as my own, 
Now that's how God feels when He looks at me, 
That's why I strive to be the best dad I can be, 
To make her happy, make her proud and my love for her is always known. 

How can something so tiny be so perfect, 
These tiny fingers, tiny hands and tiny toes, 
My God is so big and loving and that's why it's me He chose, 
To love this little human being and to always protect. 

My role is to always protect and protect and protect, 
Protect her from that table she likes to climb,  
To that hot food she eats at dinner time, 
She's so smart, for her I only have so much love and respect. 

We play so many games together, 
We sing, we dance and we laugh so loud our stomachs hurt, 
Literally, I slide my feet on the wooden floor just to hear her say be careful daddy, 
She's less than two and she started long ago feeding herself even her brekkie, 
My love for her will remain forever. 

Fatherhood 

1 comment:

  1. It is so lovely watching you two love each other. Honestly it melts my heart xx

    ReplyDelete