Monday, April 10, 2017

Straight From The Heart

One of the best things I love about writing,
Is writing straight from the heart,
This way I don't have to think much about what I'm saying,
Writing is more than just a piece of art. 

I write to connect, help and invite people in my world, 
I have my own way that I love to tell a story, 
Words mean a lot, you can make or break people through every word, 
Writing can be a remedy for hurtful ancient history. 

My aim is not to write for the whole world to read, 
But to write to that little boy who needed to hear these words from my lips, 
Be the tool that will fix every broken part and the breath of fresh air that people need, 
Be genuine and unapologetic for telling the truth every troubled and conditioned mind intentionally skips. 

My ancestors used to tell stories straight from the heart, 
They set down around fire, singing, dancing and laughing, 
Telling stories that corresponded with every art, 
As descendants they showed us how to be professionals without any degrees for music, dancing or acting. 

We've complicated things, art is meant to come straight from the heart, 
Doing it with no other hidden agenda but pure love, 
The great start in redoing all this will be, every artist playing their part, 
Hold each other's hand and seeking words of wisdom from above. 

Straight From The Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment