Thursday, February 19, 2015

Exceptionalism

Reflecting to my amazing childhood life, 

Where my grades and my marks were placed up so high, 
Somehow that links to the story of my beautiful wife, 
She did the same and headed to her holiday house in Rye. 

I reminisce the times I collected subjects awards, 
When I won all the competitions throughout the national level with my poetry, 
The world is the puzzle that needs to be completed with words, 
Achievements with my music now celebrated globally.  

I remember when I had to memorise 8 pages in an hour for a drama, 
I remembered every word to the dot, 
I wanted to see a smile on my mama,  
To present to the world what I've got. 

I reminisce times when I had to memorise the keyboard keys, 
When I received 100% for not making a mistake on a typewriter, 
These moments put my mind at ease, 
For some reason I knew I was born to be a writer. 

Sometimes exceptionalism is driven by who loves you, 
You despise mediocrity and always stepping to exceptionalism, 
You always want to step into something new, 
Write stories that have media sensationalism. 

If you want to live an extraordinary life you have to start in your mind, 
This world is suffocating in the pool of normalcy, 
Dwelling in other people's ideas forgetting that you're one of a kind, 
Leave ordinariness to those who wants ordinary results and win cheerfully. 

Exceptionalism


No comments:

Post a Comment