Monday, January 19, 2015

I Will Rise Again

When I was young it wasn't easy for me to climb anything, 
The easiest thing there was, was to fall on the solid ground, 
Now that I'm wiser and grown, falling is harder than everything,
The ground is too far and it makes an unpleasant sound. 

Once you have been down so many times, 
You know you can fall and still rise so tall, 
Though it's harder to look up when you've been down sometimes, 
That's when you should start to crawl. 

Like the ocean whose tides are often out but then in, I'll rise again, 
Like the sun which never dies though sets every night, I'll rise again, 
Like the trees from the seeds they greatly arise, I'll rise again, 
Like dust stepped over by a giant elephant, I'll rise again. 

I may be a laughing stock for a while, 
Lose a significant amount of fake friends, 
Like a frozen photograph I'll keep my smile,
Even on the ground my endless dance only joy it sends. 

After I've fallen when I rise I'll not rise to the same spot, 
My steps are elevated every time I'm on the ground, 
Like a rhino I go back to get extra strength then fight with all I've got, 
When I rise I travel with all the experience I've found.  

I Will Rise Again 

No comments:

Post a Comment