Friday, January 9, 2015

Heart to Art (The Organisation I Founded)

When I was young I searched for the disadvantaged, 
I left all my friends and looked for the ones that were damaged, 
I took time to listen to their challenging story,
Motivated them and above life I gave them glory. 

In Primary school I saved up my lunch money to help others, 
Bought a school uniform for one guy and we became like brothers, 
In High school I gave up my lunch money so that others can eat, 
Gave up my transport money and travelled with my feet. 

All these years I've done exceptionally well at school, 
The teachers and the kids thought I was cool, 
I didn't want to be recognised and was shy by how they embraced me, 
I've always known there was someone beyond me who set me free. 

As soon as I knew how to write I had a heart to heart collision with art. 
I wrote poetry that spoke directly to the lost heart. 
At Uni I published a book writing for change, 
Donated paintings with my friends for the love exchange. 

Using art to stop poverty has always been my vision, 
Poetry! Painting! Music & Movies have always been my mission,
Passion! Purpose! Integrity & Dignity have always been my values, 
You and I can change the world one step at a time as long as we keep increasing our volumes. 

Heart to Art 

No comments:

Post a Comment