Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I Have a Dream

Now this is not Martin Luther King, Jr.'s speech! Okay! 
But read a little and hear what I have to say,  
It's great that Africa, America and others are now singing apartheid as a history song, 
It took so long for my people to have freedom where they belong. 

I Have a Dream 
After all is said and done we're still living with an animal called poverty, 
How did we get here? That's no longer important let's just build a better community, 
The longer it takes for the problem to sink in, the greater the damage, 
The situation is now for us now to manage. 

I Have a Dream 
That every working citizen will give generously to those in poverty, 
Every artist will use their arts to touch the hearts of the poor and make it their priority, 
The whirlwinds of antipoverty will continue to shake the foundations of our nation, 
That the completion of pure freedom will begin with this generation. 

I Have a Dream 
That music will become the key to unlock the jail cells filled by influential leaders, 
That the underprivileged illiterate people will become best readers, 
That all education systems will be of a higher standard, 
That all the parent's prayers for their children will be answered. 

I Have a Dream 
That we will seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of love and peace, 
That every skill possessed, every piece of art, will increase other's passion and new artists it will release. 

I Have a Dream 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment