Thursday, November 27, 2014

A Shield Around Me

Your love never failed me,
Though my foes rise against me, 
My friends turn against me, 
My family turn against me, 
You are a shield around me, 

You lift my head up so high, 
You give me confidence to never die, 
From a distance you've heard my cry, 
You came close to wipe my face dry, 

You're there as I lie down and sleep, 
You give me wise words to give and keep, 
You make me humble as a sheep,  
Your words wake me up and touch me so deep, 

Rise above all the principalities, 
Shape all the nationalities, 
Shake all the personalities, 
Move all the localities, 

Cover me under your shelter, 
Day and night make me better, 
Your humble heart in mine shall enter, 
To all my friends become their helper. 

A Shield Around Me

No comments:

Post a Comment