Tuesday, November 14, 2017

She Smiles


Now that I have two girls, 
I have to clarify which one I’m writing about, 
The one with short silky curls, 
The one who grabs everything so swiftly without a doubt. 

She likes to sing with her loud deep voice, 
She likes to kick in the bath and have a great time, 
She loves veggies and cucumber is her favourite choice, 
She enjoys the songs I write for her and every rhyme. 

If you know my two girls you’ll already know, 
She looks at me with her bright eyes and smiles, 
It’s a life changing experience for me to see her grow, 
I miss her dearly when I’m at work and travelling miles. 

You still have no idea which daughter I’m talking about do you? 
Well that’s alright I’ll invite her into your world, 
Actually you should ‘cause I’ve given you more than one clue, 
Zara Lethu Shozi encouraged this poem’s every word. 

She Smiles


No comments:

Post a Comment