Friday, October 28, 2011

Hear my cry

I am that lonely voice in the desert
Like an oasis in the desert I suffer from solidarity
My sound is muted by the absence of energy in my body
Is there any possibility for anyone to hear my cry?

My parents left me alone with no food
They also never had any food to keep them alive
They wanted to stay with me and see me growing like any other child
I don' t blame them for leaving me but who can I blame?

I don't have a clear vision of this world
Everything is vivid and I have headaches caused by this hunger
The craves of this hunger have become my daily bread
For I have no bread to eat at all and this hunger, down it makes me fall
Every time I use oxygen to breath I fear that the carbon dioxide I take out will be the very last air I use and lose on this earth
I am not angry at people who have food
The fact that I don't have any food at all is not their fault
I so wish I can also move my jaws up and down like everybody else
My saliva is now so dry I don't even know if I still have taste buds
For I have been starving for so long I don't even know for how long now
My tears have transformed into water and with no water I don't really know what to drink anymore
I wish I had my parents here and near me so that I can cry and lean on their shoulders
I don't even know if I'll ever get any chance to get older and also have kids of my own
I wish I can ask anyone what to do at this stage I seek for advice of how to get through this phase because I am really confused by this pain
They say you can't choose your family but who chose for me to end up in the horn of Africa?
I gues nobody has an answer to that question neither do I
Nobody choose the environment to live in but everybody is shaped by the environment they grew in
My environment delivered only disappointments for my friends and family
If anybody can hear our lonely crying voices please save our souls

My brother is helplessly lying down and I don't have any power to pick him up
My sister is lying in the small pit, dead with no funeral box around her
I don't know what to do but I know somebody can assist us somehow
If I have no meals at all surely somebody can skip one meal and contribute to us to keep us alive
Nobody is under duress to do support us, it is just a matter of choice
I saw the major neccessity to quickly try and raise my voice
I don't want to give anybody the load of our burden
The fact that this situation we are facing is injust doesn't make it everybody else's problem
I am just trying to raise my lonely voice it is up to you what you choose to do
I am so cold and lonely, I no longer have friends they are all silenced by death
I am a refugee in my own country
I don't even know if I will ever live longer where I belong
I am in the horn of Africa and my heart is torn apart
My heart is poked by this horn I am in
This horn is so sharpened it leaves no one in my family alive
Its pokes us like a spear and I fear no one will ever hear our voices
I fear that I will be like a falling tree in the middle of the forest
Nobody will ever know I ever existed I am like the hole in the wall
Nobody knows who I am because I don't even know who I am
I don't even know my age because there is no one here to count
I am helplessly writing in the dark hoping that someone will hear
I am scared of what's gonna happen to me when I wake up
That is only if I ever wake up
I am not sure if I will ever see any shore of any land while I am still alive
I am scared that I might not even wake up like most of my family members

I am that lonely voice in the dessert
Like an oasis in the desert I suffer from solidarity
My sound is muted by the absence of energy in my bod
Is there any possibility for anyone to hear my cry

Hear my cry

To donate visit http://www.tear.org.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment