Friday, May 5, 2017

My Heart Burns


Love is like a candle that burns, 
It burns to initiate the spark in your heart, 
Once the spark is there it becomes a fire that will take turns, 
Incase mine fades away I've got yours to restart. 

The wax goes down and the flame goes up, 
You don't have to be a physicist to understand this, 
Gravity keeps the flame up, 
It pulls both the candle and air without a miss. 

The way a candle unfolds, 
The air is cooler and denser, it puts pressure on the lighter flame, 
That's the way it's displaced, 
So is you and I our love holds. 

I've spent so many years asking what I've done to deserve your love, 
I've come to a conclusion that some things are never meant to be understood, 
I'm now flying with peace like that peaceful dove above, 
I'm counting my blessings and I'm only dwelling on the days that are good. 

I don't have to get it, I just have to enjoy it, 
Time is passing by while we are too busy trying to reason, 
And for this very same reason, 
You don't have to get this poem just enjoy it. 

My Heart Burns 

No comments:

Post a Comment