Friday, March 6, 2015

Across The Seas

Across the cities, wet and dry wood, 
I love these two countries but I can't stay in them both, 
For my dreams and passions I stood,  
I want people I love to be happy and I've done everything I could, 
My love has been here since the undergrowth. 

Staying for a month in Africa is somewhat fair, 
I've got my whole life there to claim, 
Should I bring all the things to wear, 
Or should I buy them over there? 
The style is really not the same. 

I can't stop thinking about it as I lay, 
Today I'm going to where the majority will be black, 
My Zulu won't struggle a day! 
Yet people think that should be the way, 
Everybody wants me to come back. 

I am telling this story with a sigh, 
I've always missed home hence, 
In the end it's the whole world and I, 
From my village it's less traveled by, 
I'm different 'cause I make the difference.

Across The Seas 

No comments:

Post a Comment