Friday, December 1, 2017

What did I do right?












This is a question I ask myself day and night,  
It all started by simply taking that flight, 
I was suppose to be unavailable, 
Setbacks in life made me available. 

She is more than perfect for me, 
That’s why I went down on one knee, 
So that when she said yes I’d quickly get up and hold her, 
They were definitely right when they said favour ain’t fair.  

Beautiful, gorgeous, attractive and pretty are inadequate, 
For her I need new words with extra weight, 
Flowers are beautiful but she’s way better than a flower, 
The look in her face carries more power. 

Between myself and the pen, my heart can be laid on the table, 
My words only come out because my lungs and my voice are able, 
I can’t shake the idea that we need new words, 
We need new songs, new language or just to sing like birds. 

My wife makes my life honey that can only be heavenly manufactured, 
She came into my life and made sure my heart was remanufactured, 
She takes care of me and she’s given me 2 beautiful daughters,  
They are best friends, close in age and lookalike sisters. 

What did I do right?

No comments:

Post a Comment