Saturday, September 3, 2016

Give Me a Singing Heart

Give me a singing heart 
A singing heart with my lips closed, 
Songs, never written just composed,
A singing heart that will cause the eye to twinkle, 
A singing heart that will make the spine tingle. 

Give me a new song 
Take me to deep degrees of intimacy,
Show me what the world cannot see. 
A song that will go to where nobody went, 
Born out of the spontaneity of the moment. 

Give me a new song 
That will cause a face to smile, 
A song of love like a bride walking down the aisle,
A song I wouldn't have afforded, 
A song never rehearsed nor recorded. 

Give me a singing heart 
That will heal people physically and mentally, 
Systematically and therapeutically,
Fill my heart with kindness and tenacity, 
Exceeding joy and melody that will shape this city. 

Give Me a Singing Heart 


No comments:

Post a Comment