Friday, August 31, 2012

Perfect last words to say

Hold on a second, what did you say?
Those words would never have encouraged me to stay.
On our way out, you did not encourage me to pray.
You never said a word though that day was my biggest day.
"Don't forget to empty the bin," is that all you could say?
I couldn't say a thing after all I obeyed.
Your busyness distracted your lifestyle.
Swamped in daily routines and lost the purpose.
Lost your focus and forgot your promise.
Lest my attention, you blamed your working shifts.
You were never there, so I wasn't there too.
When my heart stopped in the middle of that swimming pool.
Finaly you left work but it was too late, it was no longer me you pulled.

"I love you" would have been the perfect last words to say!

 ©Percy Shozi AKA MQO Da Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment